Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to discover and deepen the joy of Jesus
Christ within our daily lives; sharing abundantly within the congregation
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission is to invite all people to know the joy of
Jesus Christ, to uphold each in their faith journey, and to help heal
Commitment: We will invite friends, neighbors, families, co-workers and
others from our community, so we can all experience the joy of Jesus
Christ. We will uphold people through worship, learning, fellowship, small
groups and relationships, so each may become a disciple of Jesus Christ.
We will help heal people's hurts through our service. We will support the
ministries of Brooklyn United Methodist church by devoting gifts of our
time, talent and resources.
Our Core Beliefs
- God loves us and desires a relationship with each of us so we may
Commitment: Live in loving relationship with God, each other, and all
of creation. Corporate worship, prayer, celebration, fellowship,
education, and small group gatherings nourish us.
- God gave us Jesus Christ whose life, death, and resurrection
Commitment: Understand and Celebrate God's grace.
- God wants us to do justice and have mercy for all people; because
all people matter.
Commitment: Engage in ministries of justice and mercy within the
communities served by Brooklyn Church, so we may share God's love
within this region and the world. Welcome each person in joy.
- Jesus Christ values children and youth. He wants them to be
Commitment: Build strong children and youth programs.
- Jesus Christ's steadfast love and strength helps us to fully
experience the joys and sufferings in our lives.
Commitment: Help people find spiritual, mental, emotional, physical
and financial balance within their lives.
- God, through the bible, reveals God's desires and directions for
each of us.
Commitment: Present God's Word in a way that is relevant to today's
issues, while remaining consistent to the good News of Jesus Christ.
Encourage people to explore the Bible, recognizing differing
interpretations of scripture.
- The Holy Spirit was made known by Jesus Christ to help each of
Commitment: Help each of us to grow spiritually through prayer.
Our Faith Practices
- We find joy and spiritual abundance by devoting gifts of time,
talent and resources.
Commitment: Encourage people to use their gifts and passions.
Participation in the ministry of Jesus Christ is key to spiritual
- We are an open church.
Commitment: Practice open Baptism and Holy Communion. Accept cultural
and religious differences.
- We join with United Methodists around the world.
Commitment: Support the extensive global ministries, through the
General and Annual Conferences.
- We design ministries to meet the wide needs of people.
Commitment: Provide a wide range of spirit experiences, recognizing
that each person is at a different point in their faith journey.
- We promote balanced leadership between staff and lay people.
Commitment: Maintain strong lay participation in both religious and
- We evaluate programs and procedures to continually improve the
quality of ministry.
Commitment: Use creativity, reflection and assessment to provide
greater responsiveness, so God's love may flourish in the world. Train
lay persons and staff as required.